Thursday 28 June 2012

All the Fun of the Fair!



After a busier than busy week last weekend we made the trip down to London to be part of the Desginer/Makers market at the old Spitalfields market in East London.
It was our first market selling the prints and the nervousness of how I wanted to make the stall look soon subsided into the niceness of seeing all the prints together.


It's always nice to stand back and take stock of where I'm up to with my illustrations - I enjoy the process of sketching, developing and printing each one so much, but sometimes you forget some of the small details so viewing them all together again is pretty joyous.





I took the wedding stationery took, which attracted a lot of admiring comments, and the baby plates got their first outing too. I now have 3 designs that can be customised for the baby plates - Circus, Jungle and Heart themed. They're a unique present for new parents and are personalised with the baby's birth details (name, date, time, hospital and weight) you can see them in more detail in my shop

We also met some of the other lovely traders selling their wares at the market, including those that were previous instagram friends beforehand! Hey - it's a weird world we live in but real-time friendships are definite perks of actually getting out there and selling!

Firstly there's the lovely Zoe from Ladybird Likes who as well as having particularly awesome hair, sells the most unique and wonderful laser cut jewelry.


How awesome is this vintage camera necklace?! It was second on my WANT list, but I decided on a perfect over-sized ampersand, that is now making my jacket look extra questioning.

And the second champ is Anna from Custom Made. I've realised since meeting Anna that I am actually already on her mailing list! I can't remember if perhaps she did one of my old Little Bazaar Markets or if I've perused her lovely stall before but either way she's a lovely lady and even purchased one of my Retro Ladies Hairstyles prints!

Look how happy they are!




I decided it was about time for a much needed purse upgrade and I got this delightful design in a turquoise tape-measure fabric - lots of space for all my bits and bobs!

The next market at Spitalfields I'm booked in for is at Christmas, which although I'm sure will come around quick, seems like a long time away so if you see any markets you think I'd be suited for do let me know :)

The Little Peach x



1 comment:

  1. ooooh your stall looked so lovely - it was so nice meeting you! ahhhh your comment about my hair totally made my day! and glad youre loving your brooch :) next fair i see you at im totally getting a print! hope to see you around very soon lady xoxo

    ReplyDelete