Thursday 1 November 2012

A Beautiful Baptism


A couple of months back I was asked by the gorgeous Featherstone family to help them design some invites to their cute-as-a-button son's Baptism. Of course I was thrilled to be asked and eager to capture both them and the feel of the day in their custom design.



The church of the Baptism was set in the beautiful borough of Hampstead and we decided to set the design within the church itself, to include the wonderfully ornate detail of its alter.


Capturing the cuteness of this family was not a chore - I mean look at his little cheeks, what a poppet!  
We decided on a palette of sky blue and soft brown and on with the printing I went. It was lovely to be out in the outhouse using the printing table again, it's been a little neglected recently due to all the baby plates I've been making!


We went for a recycled brown envelope and I used white calligraphy for the addresses, mixing a script and classic font. 


Inside the invites we used a matching blue paper, with brown printed ink and also matching envelope inserts which really bring it together don't you think?

I really had a lot of fun designing these invites, and am thinking of making some ready-to-go sets for the shop, what do you think? 

Do get in contact if you think I could help you design some beautiful invites for your event, I'd be thrilled to design for you - sally@thelittlepeach.co.uk

The Little Peach xx


No comments:

Post a Comment